How to Decorate Above Your Bed

I’ve shared before that our master bedroom is a bit of a mess right now. I know I can’t be the only person who tends to tackle all of the shared living spaces before actually doing anything about the room that you sleep in, but I’m learning that it’s so important to have a bedroom you love. And right now? We don’t love ours.
Corey and I have been slowly working on making some changes here and there to our bedroom to make it a place where we enjoy spending more time, and one thing I’m stuck on right now is what to hang above our bed. We’ve tried a lot of different things over the years, and I’ve never been completely satisfied with any of the options – so, this time around I am taking my time to decide and making sure that whatever we go with is something we’ll love long-term.

After looking around on Pinterest and Etsy for lots (and lots) of time, I narrowed my options down to a few categories that I love. We still haven’t made an official decision as to what we’ll do, but with all this inspiration I definitely feel like we’re one step closer!


How gorgeous are these script fonts? I love the idea of something soft and romantic hanging above the bed, and I’m a sucker for a good line of poetry. This is something you could easily make yourself, or you can find endless gorgeous options on Etsy as well. There are lots of different ways you could go about this – you could do it in one or two prints as shown above, or you could take a longer quote or poem and spread it across three or even four frames! Note: The image on the right is via a pillowcase designer, but I found a similar piece of art here
I’m a giant fan of a large-scale black & white photo hung in the bedroom. This is something I’ve been wanting to do in our room for quite some time, but I don’t know if I want it above the bed. I love the idea of a close-up or more abstract photo, and this would be a great way to show off a romantic wedding photo or something along those lines. This is pretty cheap to accomplish with an engineer print at Staples or Office Max, you can just grab a giant (cheap) frame from Ikea and you’re good to go! See the end of this post for some links to a few great options! 


If you know me at all you know I’m a huge fan of getting creative and making something totally unique! I’m more than a little obsessed with the photo on the right, but I don’t think I’d do our last name…maybe a word like “rest” or “relax”? And, I know absolutely nothing about macrame but I’d be willing to learn if I could make something as awesome as that other photo – or, of course, you can always buy one already made!


Who doesn’t love a good gallery wall? I particularly love that both of these photos have a different take on the standard gallery wall – one of them spills over the sides of the bed (which we attempted to do above our bed a few years back, but it ended up looking too busy with our colorful bedding), and the other with the overlapping frames. I think this is a great way to take a concept that a lot of people use and make it completely your own!

0 Komentar untuk "How to Decorate Above Your Bed"

Back To Top